Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Flying Fraility and Other Poems

Several brave individuals have interacted with my display and made poetry from my poetry. Here are the poems from the second week of my residency:





Here is my own new poem, inspired by some of the poetry made by FARR users, and made only from my original writing:

I invited people to abuse my gravity
weight and meaning smudges my ears
This one voice like
many voices
is mine
but the I tends to blur
semantic structures segregate
reading sentences and nonsense
this one voice deafens me
significance dissipate silently
many voices smudges me telepathically
fighting me
sound waves dripping frequencies
I dissipate silently


It's been fascinating to see the poetry others have written using only my words, and seeing the words from that new perspective. Here is a completely new poem inspired by the original, and its derivatives:

I invited people to abuse my gravity
My one voice's meaning
merely magnetic words clinging to a feeling
so many voices coming stealing
my words
reeling
where is I in this sliding shifting mess of readings?
my voice turned to so many voices' dealings
my magnetic words' inverted polarity
the I is dissipating in semantic disparity
like any word dropping unavoidably
its meaning falls automatically
not to earth's but to orbiting gravities
every body with a spiralling trail
its own comets tale
every word a flying frailty
falling into atmospheres of aliens
unknown memories and experiences
every word abused by foreign gravity
meaning something I never meant

Here is a picture of the display after I randomly shuffled everything around on Saturday:


Thanks for reading!