Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

spending the day at the FARR looking at bookmaking books, thinking about buying nice paper to make books.. bought a few handmade books as inspiration... JP didn't reply to me about coming to work with me, so it looks like i will have to figure things out on my own.. its probably good for me!

getting excited and scared about my trip to the prairies.. haven't even called my auntie della to confirm that she is in fact going to be around!! imagine, i show up and just pitch a tent next to the tipi i used to sleep in! it will be an adventure!

......

materials for books that make me excited:
linen paper.
its so pretty
proper book binding thread.
its also so pretty


.......

things i want to do (in my head right now):
- make a video installation of the stars and norther lights
- collect old wood and other neat things and bring them back to montreal to use and install..
- make a peel pad with images of land and reserves and stars.. the idea i have for this is that we are always using our resources but never pay attention.. the city alienates us from the production of things.. the process of stripping the land for our goods.. by putting them in this format, a disposable format, we are confronted by our ignorance of our relationship to these spaces.. (hopefully!)

- make a video with katie...