Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

guilt-trippin' Art


As a country, Canada tends to have a much more peaceful reputation then it's history would reveal (The previous reading room residents Katie Earle and Sarah Nesbitt tackled some of this subject matter in their thought provoking and hauntingly beautiful exhibition at the VAV earlier this fall). I have chosen to take a closer look at some of Canada's educational institutions, what's going on inside and what are the promises they are making to us as students and Canadian society as a whole. I've been trying to do some snooping around Montreal's other universities, trying to see what feels like in an UQAM student's shoes for a day, or the prestige of Mcgill's "Ivy League of Canada" repuation...damn that place has a wicked library (and reading room- but the staff at ours is way sexier). Anyways, before I get myself into too much trouble I wanted to share with you a great electronic resource from the big Mc, In my serching for some "Canadian propaganda", I came across a bank of propaganda posters from the first and second world war. enjoy